Travel Advice & Immunisations
Practice Nurses provide travel advice and immunisations.
Patients can also access www.nathnac.org or www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk for FREE advice.
Patients who are attending our travel clinic for the first time need to complete a 'Travel Health Risk Assessment Form'.
To download the form CLICK HERE.
We are a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre. Please follow this link to the yellow fever leaflet for patients https://nathnacyfzone.org.uk/media_lib/mlib-uploads/full/nathnac-yellow-fever-information-for-travellers.pdf
- CLICK HERE to download our Yellow Fever Vaccination Form
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
Travelling abroad with Medication
We all have heard in the news of people being imprisoned for carrying illegal medication into a country and we have the following advice for our patients travelling with medication:
· It is the patient’s responsibility to establish the rules for their destination, airline and any country they are travelling through. These may all be different!
· You need to remember prescribed AND over-the-counter medications. (In some areas, common over-the-counter medications such as nasal decongestant inhalers (VICKS to you and I) and cough linctus are banned.)
· Even travelling within Europe may require some care if you are using controlled drugs:
- Government advice is that a patient must be able to prove controlled medication belongs to them to travel into or out of the UK.
- This requires a letter outlining use and countersigned by ‘the person who prescribed the drugs’.
- If carrying more than 3 months’ supply, they will also need a Home Office licence: https://www.gov.uk/travelling-controlled-drugs
We advise you to contact the Embassy to ensure your medication is permitted.
In some cases you may require a letter for travel and as this is not a NHS service there will be a charge.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.